Monday, July 13, 2009

All the small things


I have been furiously painting my cabinets. Once I start a project, I can't stop thinking about it. I even dream about it. This has led me to wake up and start painting at 6:30 in the morning before Luke wakes up. Any spare minute I can find, naps, Blaine taking Boo and Luke for a run etc. I think they will be done by Wednesday. Then my back will feel much better.


In between painting, we have been going to the pool, swimming lessons, story time and the movies. The pool is great. The movie part is a little harder. We leave about half way through. No worries about money because it was a summer movie pass for $8. I figure if we sit through some of them, we have gotten our money's worth.


On to the smaller things. Luke is Mr. Independent lately. He now dries himself off after his bath. He is quite thorough and I really don't need to do any more. He also successfully put his shorts on correctly by himself yesterday.


We went to visit a friend's new baby. While Blaine was holding the baby, Luke wanted Blaine to hold him also. He did get over it rather quickly. Maybe I should walk around carrying 2 dolls all the time?
We are gearing up for Luke's birthday party this weekend. I will post pictures of the party and the kitchen when it is finished.

2 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

I am the exact same way when I get started on a project. No rest until it is finished. I dreamt about these collages I am working on last night and then woke up because of a storm and couldn't fall back asleep for planning the next one. I guess this means you are feeling better, and that is the most important thing!

Robert said...

Can't wait to see the finished project; please be careful.
Mom