Luke now has the ability to reach and open the handle to the door of our pantry. It is huge. It is bigger than my closet. So everything is on higher shelves which he can't really reach if I care about it. He often goes in there grunting or ehhhing near where his graham crackers are. He also knows where Boo's treats are and wants to make sure Boo gets one as well.
One day he saw the box of Milk Bones and said "Boo" so I got one for him to give to Boo. Boo has the habit of always taking a treat to the same spot on our rug, which has always driven me crazy that he couldn't just eat it in the kitchen. Luke then looked at me for a treat of his own. I gave him a graham cracker. He quickly took it in his hands and ran to the same spot on the rug and sat down and ate his treat right there just like Boo. This was not an isolated incident and has been doing this a couple of times lately. I am not sure if he knows if he is a boy or dog?
6 comments:
OMG! He gets more adorable every time I see him! He's starting to look as much like Andrea as like Blaine, especially his great big smile. I miss you guys! Send me your address again, please, so I can get a card in the mail to you soon.
xo,
Angela
Oops!Never mind about the address. I found it in my email. Sorry.
Angela
Great story. Reminds me of Lady thinking she was a cat because of the influence of Bumper. But even Lady had her buscuit spot, so I guess that's just a dog thing which may have been the only dog thing she did.
My question still remains-do you think he thinks he is a dog?
Aww. How does he open the pantry door? This is no easy task. Doesn't it have a regular door knob?
He is only emulating the "person" that he sees all the time.
Annoymous is Mom
Post a Comment