Sunday, April 18, 2010

Daniel Denny

I really never thought I would be doing a tribute to my Cabbage Patch Kid. This all started right before Christmas when Luke told me that he wanted a boy doll for Christmas. I dismissed this as him just wanting what he heard the girls at daycare asking for their presents. One day after Christmas he sighed, saying Santa didn't bring him a doll. We talked about how you don't get everything you want all the time. Try explaining that to a 2 year old! Then he started copying lots of the things I was doing with the babies (I mean everything!). Finally I asked my parents to send my 26 year old boy Cabbage Patch Kid. After some searching, he was located at my sister's house-long story. He arrived right around Easter with a note about being excited to be reunited until he found out a 2 1/2 year old would be in charge and a slobbery dog would probably end up with him. Anyway, I am proud to say that he is doing well and hasn't end up in Boo's jaws (yet). Luke tried to rename him (of course he wanted to call him Luke too). I just couldn't go for it so I just always call him the name he was given by Xavier Roberts. He has some new clothes and a new diaper and now lives on his bed. I did draw the line the day Luke wanted to change his clothes to pajamas. Like I need one more person to change! So enjoy this fabulous photo of me circa 1985 with a sort of mullet haircut. Thanks Mom.

4 comments:

Gina said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
it's these times that make you appreciate our moms' hoardish tendencies.

everythingismeowsome said...

Hilarious! I think I had the same haircut....and nightgown!

Robert said...

Gina, I resemble that statement.
Mom

Laurie said...

I will not make fun of your hair because I did have the same haircut at the same time only I was 3+ years older - thanks Carol.