Saturday, February 27, 2010

All the small things...


There are so many things to teach Luke. I was thinking about all the simple things we seem to just understand but are so complicated and confusing to a two year old.
A little while ago Luke and I had the most exhausting conversation about relationships. I say exhausting because explaining it in a way he could understand was really hard. It started when he told me that Benjamin and Tristan were my brothers. I then explained that they were his brothers and my sons and that I had a brother but not the same as his but his uncle and so on. You can see how this would all be confusing: how can one person be so many different titles?


Then we had a conversation about the words 'pretty' and 'handsome'. He now goes around identifying genders and then saying so and so is pretty because she is a girl. So and so is handsome because he is a boy.


The third conversation revolved around the words 'thank you' and 'your welcome'. We even had to practice situations where I was the one who said thank you and vice-versa to understand when to say the your welcome part.


These are just the little things...now wait until it gets harder like driving or ugh calculus!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I will teach him calculus if I still remember by then, but I'll leaving the driving to someone with a cleaner record than me.

Terri said...

Never mind calculus try 6th grade math, sometimes I have a brain freeze when it comes to that stuff.