Friday, August 28, 2009

What I did on my summer vacation...


The kitchen-cabinets are painted and walls, but I still want to do some sort of back splash.



The new dining room floor. I still need to buy an area rug. Blaine wanted Boo to have a new bed since we have no more carpet downstairs for him to lay on.


The office/play room-the floor is almost done and we need a new desk. It is sort of a mess still.


His big bed! I bought these maps about 2 years ago. I finally framed them and Blaine put them up the other day.



We just put up the wooden sports decals from Home Depot. He loves his tent or as he calls it his 'house'.




I bought 3 shelves to install right above the 'desk' area. That's the last part to do.


I must have been busy nesting. I did not rest or sit much because we did so many things to our house.


1. Painted kitchen cabinets from 90's oak to off white.

2. Moved Luke into a new room.

3. Painted all the trim in kitchen, living room and almost all the office/playroom.

4. New hard wood floors installed in dining room and office/playroom (did not do myself).

5. Had kitchen, dining room and Luke's room painted (by someone else).
6. Lots of swimming, parks and play dates with friends.

7. Gestated 2 babies.


6 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

Hmmmmmm...I think you are definitely nesting X 2!!!! Everything looks great! Very good job on the cabinets. I am glad to hear you hired out some of the painting. I think that may have been just a LITTLE much!!

Terri said...

Eveything looks good. Has Luke been studying the maps so He can be like Matt?

Robert said...

Everything looks great. Save some of that energy; you will need every bit.
Mom

Laurie said...

I really like the way the cabinets came out. The blue on Luke's walls looks much like the same color I have in my bedroom. The floors are of course a big improvement too.

Good job. You did a lot more over your summer than I have.

North Carolina said...

fantastic job. Can't wait to see what you get done next summer in your spare time.

Gina said...

So exciting. What an awesome house those babies get to come home to. Is gestated a word?