Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Go Pokes!

Future student? I hope he has lots of choices
Watching the game. Wyoming won. He of course has Wyoming gear. Now where is his JMU gear??? Hmmm....

This was on campus. It was like a giant bird nest.


This picture hides my belly pretty well. I will take a new shot soon.



This past weekend we headed to Laramie for probably my last outing for a while. Sitting in the car for a few hours has become uncomfortable. We took Luke to his first college football game. It was a hot day! I never think it is hot, but there was no relief from the clouds or even the wind. Luke and I left at half-time. He enjoyed the game while we were there. He talked to everyone around us saying things like "He got tackled down." or "He caught it." When the cannon went off for the touchdown, he jumped into my lap.






After the game it was back to the hotel to swim of course and then off to a very good veggie dinner. I had 5 choices on the menu. Usually I can only eat 1 thing on the menu. We went for a walk on campus after dinner. I love college campuses. I know my mother probably never appreciated when I told her I felt like I was at a country club when I went to school. But JMU was gorgeous. The University of Wyoming has nice grounds as well. I wish I could bring some of that back here.






It was bittersweet knowing that this would be my last trip for a while and just the three of us, well, and Boo too. He got to spend the night at a dogfriend's house there.

2 comments:

Robert said...

He really is into the game. It reminds me of the time he was here at Christmas when he was 5 months old and stiffened with excitement when the football game came on TV.
JMU was the prettiest campus; the tulips in the spring were beautiful.
Mom

Laurie said...

That Boo has a lot of friends.

Seriously, stop fighting it and just embrace football. Life will be easier.